1. What is Plug Valve?
Plug valves are valves with cylindrical or conically tapered “plugs” which can be rotated inside the valve body to control flow through the valve. The plugs in plug valves have one or more hollow passageways going sideways through the plug, so that fluid can flow through the plug when the valve is open. Plug valves are simple and often economical, with a simple structure and working principle, yet high performance, durability and is virtually leak-proof.
In terms of features, similar to ball valves, plug valves operate based on the movement of a collapsible mechanism. The difference of Plug Valve is that the passageways is cylindrical or conically, instead of a ball like in a ball valve.
Structure and Working Principles:
Plug Valve has a simple structure:
- Valve body
- Plug: perforated accordingly to the specifications of fluid conduction.
- Operator: manual hand-wheel or Actuator.
With a simple structure, the Plug valve almost never leaks because the fluid is less in direct contact with the seat, thus causing less damage to the seat and, as a result, leads to a longer lifespan of the Plug valve compared to other types of valves.
Plug valve’s working principle is similar to that of the Ball valve. Through the control mechanism, we can easily open and close the valve. When you turn the hand wheel by 90º, the valve will be in either fully closed or fully opened position. When the crank is parallel to the pipeline, the valve would be in the open position. When the valve is in the fully open position, the flow through the valve would be straight, while when it is in the regulating position, the flow through the valve would create a vortex and pressure drop would occur.
The Plug valve is not usually used for flow regulation because when it is in the throttle position, the gate will be worn unevenly.
A Plug valve can also be designed with many ways/ports. That type of valve is called multi-way valve. Multi-way valves are often used as flow dividers. Turning the hand-wheel by 90º will change the flow direction. For the purpose of changing the direction of flow, a multi-way valve can replace many gate valves. This would help reduce the cost of operation and make it easier to operate.
2. Applications of the Plug Valve
- The fully closed opening and closing, the plug, and the sleeve structure help prevent valve leaking. During the opening and closing process, there is no storage of substance (which carries the risk of causing damage to the seat), completely solving the stagnation in the pipeline.
- Simple design, high durability, can split many ways to improve efficiency.
- The contact surface between Plug and Body being button type leads to large contact surface with great friction, making it necessary to use more force to control the valve.
- Plug valves are widely used in the chemical, petroleum, gas, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Due to its outstanding advantages, it is an excellent and perfect solution for highly corrosive environments and complex chemicals.
3. Xomox Plug Valve
In Vietnam, Daviteq is the official representative for distributing the Xomox Plug Valve products of Crane Group – US. The brand is trusted by chemical, nitrogenous, and petroleum plants because it limits the common disadvantages of plug valves.
|Type||2-way, 3-way, 4-way|
|size||1/2 “~ 24”|
|Level pressure force||ANSI Class 150,300,600|
|Type the connection||Flanged|
|Object data itself||Steel carbon ASTM A216 WCB, steel does not rust ASTM A351 CF8M|
|Actuator||Actuator Electric , actuator Gas Compression|
- Designed to be more affordable, flexible, and more compact fluid handling systems.
Bi-directional flow, simple actuation, lightweight & compact design, combined with multiport configurations all facilitate improve production efficiency of your system.
- Superior quality, longer-lasting in-line sealing.
The inert PTFE sleeve completely surrounds the plug. The sleeve provides a large, circumferential sealing surface from port to port. Whether opening, closing, or rotating, the seal is secured. No ball or gate valves can match this sealing power.
- Secure sealing with no cold-flow, deformation, or rotation of the sleeve.
The sleeve is securely nestled in the valve body. High pressure ribs, top and bottom retention, and 360° port lips all assure sleeve containment.
- No seizing. No sticking.
As the plug rotates, the 360° port lips provide a self-cleaning action to remove scaling and adhering media.
Xomox equipment has affirmed its brand name all over the world, and with the criteria of always putting quality first. The Xomox Plug Valve will surely have more choices for you. to improve production efficiency and quality. For more information and product support advice, you can contact us via email email@example.com.